Representing Trustees and Beneficiaries in Georgia Estate and Trust Disputes
The James Law Firm has a successful track record of representing clients in complex, high-asset estate and trust litigation disputes. Losing a loved one is difficult, and it can be even more difficult when disputes arise because of changes in facts or circumstances that occur years after a trust agreement was drafted. Many times, the issues that surface are not anticipated – or could not have been anticipated – by the settlor, or they result from lack of proper trust administration by trustees, either through malfeasance or incompetence. Beneficiaries dealing with an inexperienced or difficult trustee typically need legal counsel to resolve the matter. Likewise, trustees may find themselves at the center of a dispute about a trust or estate.
I represent both trustees and beneficiaries in the metro Atlanta area and across the state of Georgia with disputes involving:
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims – Defending trustees wrongfully accused of breaching their fiduciary duties or asserting claims on behalf of trust beneficiaries.
- Conversion claims – Civil claims to redress property that has been stolen or misappropriated.
- Judicial termination of trusts – Changes in circumstances may make the holding of assets in trust no longer beneficial or cost-effective for the beneficiaries.
- Trust administration and trust beneficiary disputes – Pursuing or defending claims that trusts or estates are not being administered on a timely basis, that beneficiaries are not provided with information on a timely basis, claims concerning questions of asset valuation or proper investment, and other related issues.
When you are involved in an estate or trust dispute, you need guidance from a trust and estate litigation lawyer. I have many years of experience representing clients in this area of the law. My knowledge of Georgia law, combined with my understanding of the unique procedures related to trust and estate litigation, give my clients confidence that their matter is in capable hands.
Representative Estate and Trust Litigation Cases
- Represented clients in complex family trust litigation matter involving claims for breach of fiduciary duty, misuse of corporate assets and claim seeking dissolution of corporation owned by trust.
- Efficiently accomplished judicial termination of family trust for the benefit of all trust beneficiaries.
- Successfully represented plaintiff in superior court action brought against trustee of irrevocable trust and long-term annuity contract salesperson concerning veterans’ benefits scam that targeted person with severe dementia.
Contact me for a consultation if you are facing an estate or trust litigation matter in the state of Georgia.